Friday, March 9, 2012

Dream Realm, Chapter Ten - Hard Decision


Nick walked over to meet his daughter for the first time. He reached down  and picked up the the tiny baby that laid in the incubator, the baby smiled up at Nick when he reached down to pick her up. He held her up, and all he could see was Jessica in her little tiny face.

Jessica walked over to Nick holding her daughter, she desperatly wanted to swaddle the baby up. With a pitiful look on her face, "What will we name her?" she asked. "I don't know, I'll let you name her," he told her as he handed the baby over to Jessica.  

Jessica held her tiny daughter in her arms for the first time.  "I think you look like a Karissa, oh how I wished that my mom and dad could see you," she told her daughter.

Jessica stared down at her daughter now drifting off to sleep. Then Jessica's joy turned to saddness. She felt a tiny tear run down her face as she pictured her taking her first steps, her first words. Knowing that she would never be able to hold her again in her arms. She didn't want to think about what all she was going to miss out on.

Jessica walked outside to gather her thoughts. She had to be alone, away from everyone that she knew was going to rip her apart. She didn't know when they would be taking her but she knew it would be soon.

Nick knew how upset Jessica was, he could feel what she was feeling. He walked over to Karissa and tucked her in. Dreading what he knew he had to do. He loved Jessica and wanted them all in his life, but knew it was impossible at the moment.

As soon as Jessica seen Nick come into the room she collapsed to the floor in dread to the news he was going to tell her. "Please, No!" Jessica began to beg. Tears began to run down her face and she tried to catch her breath. 

"You know I have to, I don't want to," Nick began. "I have to do this or they will send for her by someone else, and you will never see her again," he added.

Nick walked away from the table and sat down in the floor beside Jessica. He pulled her into his arms to comfort her. "I will reunite all of us again, I know I can do this, I just need some more time," he tried to reasure her.

"Please don't take her, isn't there another way. I can't live without you and her in my life," she tried to plead once again. "It will be ok, I promise. She will be with me, I won't let her out of my site, and Lisa will help me with her," he told her as he tried to keep her calm. 

Lisa knew that she was going to have to take on the task of helping Nick raise this child that she knew she would never be able to have. She kinda resented this baby, but melted when she held Karissa.

Lisa knew she had to gather all the baby's stuff up to help with the transition of Lisa getting over her loss. She packed the things up and placed them on the ship and prepared for the back to Lunar, their home planet.  

Just when Nick thought things were ok, Jessica lost it when Lisa came out of the nursery with Karissa."No, shes mine! You can't take her." she screamed. Nick grabbed Jessica to stop her from taking the baby from Lisa. "Stop! Please, I will be back soon, I will not let her out of my sight. She will be with me the whole time, I promise" Nick told her.

Tears began to run down her cheeks as she began to sob again. As soon as Lisa was out of sight with Karissa he let Jessica go. "Please don't make this hard, Jessica, this is already breaking my heart in more ways than I can even tell you," he told her as helped her off the floor.

The time had come for everyone but Jessica to leave. Nick held Jessica in his arms as she sobbed with weak knees almost falling to the ground. "I will try to reunite us as a family, I will come back for you," Nick told Jessica. Jessica steped away as she watched Nick go into the ship. It lifted and was out of site within seconds.

Jessica stood all alone in her baby's room that use to have a cradle and toys.

She slid down to the floor and pulled the a stuffed animal that was left behind. She set sobbing in the room until she couldn't cry anymore. She was filled with a deep whole in her chest that once was filled with happiness.

7 comments:

  1. Awwww oh my, I would just die if that happen to me, But Jessica things will be okay you will have your family back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks... to have one of my daughters taken away from me would make me loose my mind. I hope they are all reunited someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this Chapter made me cry, awesome job,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, when is medieval coming back?! You left us hanging w/ the fate of Amelia and Annabelle?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Haven't forgot about them, with the videos that I was doing, poses and other programs, I just took a break. I have to get all my medieval stuff back into my game due to loosing a lot of it with the new updates.

      Delete
  5. Where did you get that baby skin with the shirt?

    ReplyDelete