Monday, September 3, 2012

More Heartache - Chapter Ninty Six


 Lillian headed to meet up with Lady Molly and Amelia. Your dress has been delivered. We need to try it on you to see if it fits before the wedding," Molly told Lillian.

Amelia and Molly stepped back to look at Lillian after they helped her into her wedding dress. Amelia pinned Lillian's hair up into a bun, while Molly pinned the veil on afterwards. "Wow that's just amazing. You make a pretty bride; Arthur is going to be stunned when he sees you.

"It's a perfect fit, now all we have to do is finish a few more things and you will be walking down the isle very soon," she told Lillian. Lillian looked at herself in the mirror; she looked so grown up that it almost didn't look like she was only sixteen.

Arthur meets up with Lilly that was happy to see him. "I have missed you," she began when she clearly seen that he wasn't rushing into her arms, no warm kisses. All she seen on his face was a tortured look.
"What’s wrong?" she asked. Arthur didn't answer immediately; he just stood there with his head hanging down. "Tell me what’s wrong? she asked again. "Please tell me," she begged.

Arthur looked down to the ground trying to keep from looking at Lilly. He was ashamed and now his guilt was getting the better of him. How could he tell her that he was with his old flame and that they were together in ways she had not experienced with him? Finally he looked up with almost tears in his eyes. "I can't do this, I did something horrible and I don't deserve you," he told her. What did you do?" she finally asked. "I saw my first love, Willow. I'm sure you knew about her. I ran into her while with my parents. Things happened," he began before Lilly cut him off. "Don't!" she shouted as she turned around and began to walk off.

"I don't want to hear this. Go away," she shouted as she turned to walk away.

Her emotions began to run away with her. She was upset, furious with grief. She started to run, hoping she could run away from the pain.

It didn't take Arthur long to catch up with her. "Please stop!" she shouted at her as he ran after her.

Knowing that she couldn't outrun Arthur she stopped in front of the pond, trying to hold back the tears that was fighting to escape her eyes.

"Lilly! Please, let me explain," he begged. "There is nothing to explain, you have made your choice," she shouted.

She turned and ran right past him right into the castle. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her. Out of breath she pushed herself to run without stopping to her room.

Arthur found himself in her room now facing her wrath. "Why? Why? Why do you try to even talk to me?" she asked. Before she would even let him answer she began shouting at him again. "I want to go home! Now!" she cried out with tears running down her face.

Lilly collapsed to the ground as tears ran down her cheeks. Arthur crouched down in front of Lilly. Please don't cry, I don't want to see you cry from something I did. Your are to sweet and kind to me. You deserve better," Arthur told Lilly that didn't even look up at him.

"Why would you do that, she was suppose to be in the past. Why did you have to rekindle your love for her when you had me, did I not matter to you at all?" she asked him.

Arthur moved close to Lilly pulling her up out of the floor. He pulled her into his arms, resting her head against his chest. His heart was breaking all over again and it all seemed to be his fault. He gave into his weakness and now she was suffering from it. He knew heartbreak all to well and never wanted anyone to feel it. Now he was responsible for Lilly's tears and her broken heart.

"I'm so sorry; I can’t tell you how sorry I am. There was no excuse for what I did. She was my first true love and when we split not by choice it tore me up so bad. I thought I was over her but when I seen her again, I lost the battle. I will never gain your trust for what I did to you. I had to tell you the truth before I decided on anything.

"I thought you loved me, I thought we were going to be married this week. What happened to your love for me?" she asked as she sobbed against his chest. "I do love you Lilly, but I love her too," he replied. "Then you need to decide," she asked him.

"Do you want me to stay, just say the word? The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you," he told her with a low whisper.
"I don't know what I want now," she replied.


Lilly pulled away from Arthur’s arms sitting down in front of Arthur. "I don't know why I'm so upset. Most kings and princes have affairs. They always seem to cheat on their wives. With all that power they do what they want and the wives ignore it. They stand behind their husbands and give them children. That’s what we are supposed to do. It just happened sooner than later, I was expecting it at least after we were married for a while," she told Arthur that was now staring at her with shock.

Arthur stood up pulling Lilly to her feet. "That’s not how its suppose to be. I know it happens, but I don't want to be like that. That’s why I told you. I want to give my heart to one and only one girl," he explained.

"Call off the wedding until you know if you want to marry me or not," she told Arthur. "I can't, my grandmother would make matters worse. She’s planned this wedding and if we decide not to wed then we can call it off. I'm just not sure what to do. I just need a little time to think, to get my head on straight," he told her. "Very well, we will keep this to ourselves until you decide on what you want to do. Please leave me alone for now," she told him.

James found Arthur pacing like a wild animal. "What’s wrong?" James asked. "I did it; I broke her heart, something I didn't want to do. I told her the truth and now I feel like I deserve no one," he frantically told his father.

"Calm down, yes things happen and when you follow your heart people may get hurt. If you choose to be with Willow, then be with her and set Lilly free. She will find one who will want her and only her. She will be hurt at first but time will heal her heart. If you choose Lilly then you will have to cut Willow free and move on. You will have to forget her, well maybe not forget but guard your heart. You must give it all to Lilly and share it with no other," he explained to Arthur.

"That's the problem, I want Willow but her father won’t let us be together. She was betrothed to another that is mean to her. I wanted her to be my wife, but they tore us apart. I thought I could get over her and love Lilly. I almost did until she came back into my life. It was like getting my heart tore out all over again. She's like the air I breathe. I feel like I can’t live a happy life without her. She’s my one true and only love," he told James. "So you have chosen, now let me take care of the rest. Give me a day and I'll tell you what you need to do," he explained.










4 comments: