Sunday, May 20, 2012

Arthur Grows Close To Lillian - Chapter Eighty Six

Lillian started to get a little more settled in her new home. Standing by the fire she warmed herself. After received many letters from home which made the homesick feeling not to feel so bad. Everyone at court was really nice to Lillian, which made her feel more at home.

She continued her studies with tutors and on her own, she studied many different languages and the customs of her soon to be husbands culture. It wasn't much different from her own, which made it a lot easier for her to learn. She would continue her studies until she reached her later teen years.

Lillian was doing her studies alone in her room when Arthur entered her chambers.
She placed her book down as soon as she noticed Arthur standing in front of her. "I wanted to know if you would like to join me for dinner, just the two of us, I think you would really like it if you could spend more time with each. I would really like to get to know you a little better," he asked Lillian.

Lillian meet Arthur in his chambers when it was dinner time. She seen that it was a quiet dinner without all the drama of everyone staring at her. 
 
She sat down with her eyes looking down on the table. She was nervous to look at Arthur directly. Arthur could clearly see that she felt uncomfortable around him.

Arthur sat their not sure on where to start the conversation. The only thing he could think of was to ask her about her home.

Arthur started the conversation to lighten the mood. "So how are you liking your stay here so far?" he asked. Lillian hesitated for a moment, "It's really nice, I think your castle is beautiful, and the people here are so nice. I think it will be much better as I get to know everyone. I have never been this far away from home before," she replied.

After dinner Arthur walked Lillian up to her room. He didn't want to end the evening just yet. "Would you like to take a walk with me, its really beautiful here at night. I think you will really enjoy it, only if you want? he asked. "I think that would be nice, I wasn't tired yet," she replied.

Lillian followed Arthur up to the top of the castle to get the view of  the whole court yard, it was breath taking for Lillian to see that far. "I can't believe the view from here, and the stars, their are so many," she told Arthur.

"If you think you can see the stars really well from here, I can take you to a spot that will take your breath away," he told Lillian as he lead her to a spot in the garden that was clear of all the trees and buildings, nothing but the open sky with all the bright stars.

"Here is the spot, if you set down and look up at a angle you can see designs in the stars, he told her" Lillian smiled at Arthur realizing he was not spoiled like most princes.

Lillian looked up as Arthur pointed out different stars, not realizing that he was now sitting closer to her. This made her feel a little bit of a nervous feeling in her stomach. She had never been this close to a boy before and she really liked how it made her feel.

They spent hours looking at the stars and telling stories of their families, both humiliating and funny.


A month had passed, Kristen had prepared them a feast able to celebrate their betrothal to each other. There were many guest that arrived. Kristen stood by watching Lillian and Arthur dance together on the floor. Arthur looked really pleased with Lillian and she could see that they were really enjoying each other.

Kristen had thought back to when King Louie suggested for her to betroth him to another to ease the memory of Willow. Kristen realized that he was smart in suggesting it. It was clear that their was a strong possibility that he was falling for Lillian, this pleased her greatly as she continued to watch them dance and laugh together.

After the dancing ceased, Kristen asked Arthur and Lillian to join her. She turned then around to face everyone. "I want to thank everyone for coming to celebrate their engagement. The wedding is already being prepared and they will be wed within this year, I will send invites when the date is set," Kristen announced. Arthur looked over and Lillian to see she was happy, standing there with a beauty that was breathtaking. He knew that she would make a wonderful wife for him.

















6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that Arthur likes Lillian. I can't wait to see them wed.
    I still hope Arthur sees his mom and sister again soon, and meet his new little brother.
    Great chapter Jamee. I'm looking forward to reading more soon.

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that Arthur is happy with Lillian. She is a nice girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... Still wish he was with Willow.
    But you're the writer. And I hate when I have fans who badger me for their favorite couple, too. So, do what ever you want. I don't want to pressure you.

    I just really miss Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Hailey said i wish his other family members come into his life soon and his unknown brother as well :) i hope Lillian does not turn out evil like his father's first wife - I didnt even know you had any more posts since he made love to willow until i looked at the blog archive :) :) does the medieval series (faster viewing need updating as the latest one on there is chapter eighty three?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget to do that sometimes, I will update it as soon as possible. Thanks for reminding me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO WILLOW NEEDS TO MARR HIM

    ReplyDelete