Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chapter Six - Big Mistakes


"What's wrong with you lately?" Mark asks. I wish I could tell him but of course, I wouldn't expect him to understand. He seems like all he wants to do is make out with me. He was not this bad a few months ago, I don't know what has gotten into him.
I look away from him as I try to get the courage to tell him how I feel. I have to break it off with him but don't know what to say. I finally just blurt it out, "I can't see you anymore," I stumble over my words as they leave my lips. He glares at me not with shock but with anger.
"What, are you kidding me? What! Are you interested in someone else?" he shouts. "No, it's not like that, I just don't think we are good together," I reply.
"Not good together, you wouldn't know since you won't do anything with me, your nothing but a tease," he yells at me, as he balls up his fists. "Exactly, I don't want that kind of relationship, it's not something I want to do right now and that's something I know you want. I can't give you what you want," I reply in a soft tone. He's so angry that I'm starting to get nervous. I take a few steps backward, then turn to head in the house.

I just want to get away from him, but he follows me into the house. "Why are you so stubborn? You know you and I are destined to be together. We can rule this kingdom by joining the two most powerful family's in the realm," he huffs as he comes to stand in front of me.
I go to pull away but he grabs my wrist really hard to stop me. I stumble forward as he grips my wrist harder. I go to pull away, only to have him grip me even harder. "Your not going anywhere. You're going to be my girlfriend in all ways," he says with a darkness to his voice. My breath hitches and I think I have stopped breathing altogether. The way he stares at me makes me tremble in fear of what he's going to do next. I was all alone with Mark, Mad Mark, that's determined to make me his. Dimitri had left to do something since we were home now and now I could really use him.


"Mark, no. Please stop, you're hurting me," I begged. "You are mine, I will not share you with anyone else," he tells me as he gets this horrible grin on his face. 

"Please," I beg again and that's when I hear an angry Dimitri behind me. "Get your hands off her," Dimitri growls.

Mark lets go, then takes a step back, peering back at Dimitri. My mouth falls open as I look at how angry Dimitri looks. "Get out and never come back. If you step one foot close to her ever again, I will rip you apart with my bare hands," he tells Mark through gritted teeth.

"What are you going to do about it? Your nobody!" Mark hissed at Dimitri.
That's when it happened, Dimitri lunged forward connecting his fist with Mark's jaw, knocking Mark off his feet. Mark fell in an awkward motion hitting the floor hard. I think at that moment I stopped breathing. Frozen where I stood, I gaped at them. 
Dimitri backed up from Mark as Mark tried to get back up. When he stood, he gave Dimitri a look of pure hatred. He looked at Dimitri who was fuming and then to me. "You tease!" Mark yells at me, making me flinch. "GO!" Dimitri hisses.
Mark didn't move until Dimitri jumped towards him. Mark's face goes pale as the blood drains from his face. Mark then starts to step backs toward the door. I could tell Dimitri was ready to rip him apart. "GO!" Dimitri growls at Mark once more. It took Mark only a second to run out the front door.
I'm left standing in the main entrance all alone. Mark left as soon as Dimitri kicked his butt, and now Dimitri has disappeared. I go from room to room, I  finally find him in the living room sitting in a chair. As I approached, he looked like he was still mad. As I slowly approach him, I can only hope he's not mad at me.

I stop when I get a few feet from him. I figured he would look up but he doesn't. He's staring straight ahead. "Please don't be mad at me," I beg softly, keeping my voice low.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself. I wanted to tear him apart when I saw him hurting you. I almost lost control," he says as he stares ahead.
All the sudden he stands up, taking me into his arms. I gasp as he takes me by surprise. I start to lose my balance when he grabs me by my waist and pulls me to him. I can't tell what his eyes are telling me, hurt, pain, frustration. It's all too much. 

Dimitri's face softens but still has a sad look. "I'm really sorry if I scared you, he had no right to put his hands on you or to talk to you that way. I wish I could have been there sooner. He won't get ten feet from you from now on. I'll make sure to that," he tells me softly. My heart is constricting, I think I have completely stopped breathing. I'm frozen in his arms, I can't even focus on anything he's saying. I'm just lost in his eyes.
He pulls away from me, then walks back over to the chair he was setting in before. He sits and stares ahead leaving me confused. I wish I could understand his feelings, but he's so hard to read. I have never felt this way around anyone and it unnerves me.
Then my mother comes busting through the living room, startling me and Dimitri. He jumps up to meet my mother as I stand there still not moving. "Oh there you are, I got a call from Marks parents. They say you hit Mark. What did he do?" she asks. "Sorry, I lost it, the boy was being rough with Emily, and disrespectful. I punched him," Dimitri replies. "Well, good for you, I knew we made a good decision on hiring you. Thank you once again," she tells Dimitri. "I'll tell them," she grumbles to herself as she's leaving.



7 comments:

  1. This was a good chapter. I think that Dimitri might actually have some self-conflict because he likes her. Only possibly though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay now that's the way to rumble! i totally admire Dmitri i wander if he dies trying to protect Emily, which ever episode that is? keep up the good work Jamee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he punched the little jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that Dimitri didn't get into trouble for punching Mark. I wanted to punch him myself. Emily is just so sweet. She was trying to be kind when she broke things off with Mark. He was so wrong to call her tease. His behavior is all his own desires, not the result of any of Emily's actions.

    I just love how you describe their emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dmitri likes herrrrrrrr
    TEAM DMILY ABOARD

    ReplyDelete