Saturday, December 1, 2012

Taking Risks - Chapter Five




As I drop over the hill, I spot Dimitri skipping rocks across the water. I keep my distance so I can watch him a little longer. I rarely got to see him so relaxed, carefree, being himself. He always seemed to have his guard up around me and the others. I figured it had a lot to do with his job and to reduce distractions. 

I start walking down the hill, as I got closer, Dimitri stopped throwing rocks, he must have heard me approaching. When he turned in my direction, I knew he spotted me by the angry face he gave me.

"Emily! What are you doing here, where is Chris?" he demanded with panic in his voice. 

"I got bored, so I decided to take a walk. I knew you were here, so I didn't think you would mind if I joined you," I said. "No, this is not alright, we are here to protect you. How many times have I told you that it's dangerous to be out after dark? It's almost dark and here you are all by yourself because you were bored. What if something happened to you, just think how crushed your parents and Chris and...….I would be. You have to promise me that you will never do this again. Never leave without me or Chris." he yelled at me. I felt crushed, I didn't realize what I had done. "I promise," I replied in a whisper.

I walk back with Dimitri towards the house with neither of us saying a word. I followed him into the house. When we got to the living room, he walked over to the fireplace, lighting the fire. "Stay here, I'm going to let Chris know where you are, I'm sure he's worried about you," he said before he left me standing alone. I felt like Dimitri was mad at me, the last thing I wanted to happen. He was probably yelling at Chris for not keeping a close eye on me.

When he returned, he took a seat on the floor in front of the fireplace. "Sit," he said as he motioned for me to sit down beside him. I couldn't look at him directly, I wasn't sure if he was still upset with me or not.

I kept my eyes on the fire, after a few moments of silence he spoke, "Emily" he whispers. Him just saying my name sounded like velvet to my ears, like a warm summer day. 

I looked over at him, I was instantly relieved that he looked actually calm as he leaned back with his arm resting on his knee. The fire reflected in his gorgeous brown eyes, that made me look at his eyes. Oh man, why does he have to be so darn cute, and why am I so drawn to him? I ask myself over and over. 


I pulled my eyes away and focused on the fire again. "You don't realize how important you are, you have to be careful with what you do. If something happened to you"...……….he trails off pausing for a moment. "Just be careful," he added. 


"How bad did you yell at Chris?" I ask. "I didn't, I just let him know that you were back," he said as he smiled at me. "What do you mean by that?" I ask, trying to keep my mouth off the floor. "He called me before you got out of the house. He followed you till you came over the hill," he said as he began to giggle. "That is not funny, I should have known," I protested, shoving him hard. 

"You take your job so serious, I mean not serious exactly, but your so dedicated. Why would you give up your life and you want to guard someone like me? That just seems like a sacrifice that wouldn't be worth it," I asked. 




"It's something I had always wanted to do when I was a child," he replied. "So, your family, don't they miss you something terrible?" I asked. "Yes, they do, but I'm an adult now and this was my destiny," he replied and said nothing else about his family.




4 comments:

  1. Love this so much, and Idk how I haven't said this before but, omg he's so hot. I want them together, I ship them so hard. (Yes I'm one of those people :p )

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing story Jamee, it was worth waiting for

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so into him! He has to see it! Even if he does feel something for her right now because of her age and position he probably is resisting it.

    ReplyDelete