Friday, June 7, 2013

The Unthinkable - Chapter Thirty One

I start beating on the door as I fight with the door handle. "Let me out," I scream to the top of my lungs. 
"No one will hear you," a voice responds from behind me. Suddenly I feel this prickling fear run over me. I have heard that voice before. I take a deep breath as I slowly turn around to see the man that took me. I gasp as I freeze in the spot that I'm standing in. He's sitting across the room calmly in a chair. He has his hands clasped together as he rests his arms on his legs. He is wearing his hood with his head hanging down, making it impossible for me to see his face. 
I try to catch my breath as my thoughts run wild. I try to find my voice that is non-existent at this point. All I can do is walk in his direction with caution.
I take a few steps in his direction as I watch him closely. I get a few feet from him when he stands up, taking me by surprise. I stop dead in my tracks as he takes a step in my direction. We are almost face to face. I try to see his face, but his hood is in the way. "I'm not scared of you. If you want to kill me, then get on with it, I'm tired of all of these games." I shout at him, surprising myself at how brave I'm being or stupid.
He reaches up and removes his hood. I'm stunned, and for one moment in time................I'm devastated. Those beautiful eyes grab me. Then slams me into reality. Dimitri...He's a nightwalker. My heart falls as he regards me carefully. He says nothing. He stares at me with such intensity that it feels like he's looking straight into my soul.
"NO!" I cry. Tears fill my eyes as my heart breaks. I can't catch my breath. 
Stepping back, I stumble, trying to get away from him. "Your alive! No! You're a nightwalker!" I cry out. He makes no sudden moves as he watches me fall apart. I'm lost without any way of returning to reality. I can no longer grasp this sick reality called my life. 
I scoot until the wall stops me. I push myself as far as I can into the corner, wedged between the wall and the bookshelf. I pull myself into a tight ball. I'm all tensed and breathing heavy. Fear has gripped me and has taken me hostage. I can not move. "Just kill me, get it over with. Please release me from this pain," I cry out. Dimitri doesn't say anything, and his silence is my agony. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. Dimitri is watching me with a sad look on his face. I cry harder as I bury my face against my legs that I have pulled to my chest. 
"Emily, I'm not going to hurt you," he says in his normal voice. The whole time he has hidden his identity from me without giving himself away. I can no longer speak as I watch him stand up, offering me his hand. I can not will myself to take his hand no matter how much my heart is begging me. I close my eyes and hope that this whole situation will disappear. "Emily, I won't hurt you," he says as he keeps his hand held out to me. His expression is soft and welcoming. It pulls at me. I will my legs to move as I place my shaking hand into his. I jump as his skin makes contact with me. He's cool to the touch, which scares me.
I lock eyes with him. He's not giving anything away with his expression. I go to stand up and find that my knees buckle beneath me, sending me crashing toward the floor. 
I fall to my hands and knees onto the floor at his feet. I'm numb with fear and heartbreak. He kneels down in front of me. I'm hit with such emotions that I can feel my heart breaking all over again. Without thinking, I scramble to him and lay my head on his knee. He strokes my hair as I relish being close to him. I have missed him so much it's unbearable.
He gently kisses my hair as I choke back the tears.
He pulls me into his arms, resting my head on his chest. I'm lost in this moment. My world has come to a complete standstill.
He leans me back to where he can look at me. I can see the sadness in his eyes. Before I have time to react, his lips find mine, and we are kissing like our lives depended on it.
My whole world is in this moment: our kiss, our touch. My tongue brushes his fang, and it's like someone has just dumped a bucket of cold water on me. I'm hit with the realization. NIGHTWALKER! You're making out with a nightwalker! I jump up and step back from him.
In one swift movement, he grabs me and pulls me to him. 
I can't speak, I can't do anything but stare into his lovely face that now looks back at me with red eyes. 
"I saw you die, I saw your soul leave through your eyes." I sob.  
"You are the last voice I heard as I was departing this world. It was you that kept me in this world long enough for Hannah to bring me back," he tells me.   
I push at him to try to get myself away from him. I know I'm losing this battle. His lovely face, his eyes, his beautiful features are drawing me in for the kill. His voice moves over me like silk. I push again but in vain. His hold is tight and not moving. "Don't fight against me. Please, Emily. It's me." he begs.
I stop for a moment. I move my hand up and caress his face. He closes his eyes briefly.  "You look and sound like the Dimitri I once loved, but you are not. You are a nightwalker, cursed to walk this earth and destroy all that's good." I whisper as the reality sets in, I feel my heart sink as it starts to break all over again. "I can't." is all I can manage.
"Please don't! Please hear me out," he whispers. "I have searched for you for a long time. I feared you were dead. I was hoping that I found you first. How did you manage to hide so well up until now?" he asks. "It was Chris that saved me..........." I trail off.
 I feel the tears threatening me. I shove them back as I stare at him. He seems like Dimitri.............No stop! Don't think like that, I scream to myself. He died! This creature just looks like him. Smells like him. I grab my pounding heart as I try to reason with my racing mind.  
I finally manage to break free from his hold. I take a step back. "Emily," he says as his face shows the hurt. "No! I can't do this," I shout. "Why not? I love you. We were destined to be together." he says as I hear the door open.
I turn to see a young girl walk in. She's dressed really nice with brown hair. Then it hits me, she's a human. 
She walks over to Dimitri like she's comfortable with him. "Master, they know she's here," she says.
"I'll deal with them." he sighs. "Yes, sir," she replies.  
I dart toward the door while they are talking. I feel Dimitri's hands wrap around my arms. 
"Stop, you can't go," he shouts as he grips my arms tight.
One look into his face, I can see his heartbreaking, if he has one to break. Memories flood my mind of what we had, and I feel the tears start to run down my cheeks. I thought I had shoved all these emotions away, but find they are coming back with a vengeance.
Spinning me around to face him, I meet his angry face. He's no longer hurt, but angry. "You will be with me, you have no choice. Don't test my patience," he hisses through clenched teeth.  
"I'd rather die than be with a nightwalker that murdered my whole family and ruined my life. So just kill me," I shout. The tears keep running down my face as my world starts to spin out of control. "I didn't kill your family. It's me, Emily," he shouts.
"Master!" the girl calls out. Please forgive me for speaking out of turn. You have searched forever for her. Please don't do anything drastic," she says as she bows her head down, staring at the floor.  Then in an instant, he softens a little. His grip loosens, and he takes a deep breath.
"Jen, clean Miss Emily up. Get her looking normal, and fix this purple hair. I want her looking like she did when she was a princess. Do you understand?" he demands as he pulls me by the arm toward the girl. She nods her head.
He releases me, leaving me and Jen starring at each other as he leaves. I hear him lock the door from the outside. I'm left stunned and confused. I have this human standing in front of me while I'm sure I'm right in the middle of a nest of nightwalkers that could come through that door at any moment.
 "I'm sorry, but I have to do as I'm told," she tells me."So am I now going to be a slave to these nightwalkers like you?" I say.
"I don't find that I'm a slave, but I guess you could say that. Just do as your told and things should work out for you. Dimitri is a wonderful master. He's kind to me," she tells me. My heart sinks as the thought of Dimitri having a slave sinks in. My mind starts to wander............. I can't stop the horrible thoughts that cross my mind. Before I can help it, they are out of my mouth. "So, you do everything for him?" I question her with a look that I can only imagine points her in the direction that I'm thinking. She doesn't answer which tears at me. I lose it. I dart toward the doorway that leads to a bathroom.
Sinking to the floor, I find myself in a pit of despair again. I can't do this, this is way too much. I have learned to deal with my losses in time, but now one will be staring at me with red eyes.   














6 comments:

  1. you have really impressed me with your writing talent and your ability to keep me on the edge of my seat and wanting more.. Awesome work Jamee, Fridays are now my fav. day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!?! Dimitri is alive!!! Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG , I loved this chapter I wish there is a new chapter every day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my A2 science exam this friday but at least i will have some enjoyment afterwards to read the next chapter :)and OMG Dimitri is ALIVE. Now make a hybrid vampire fairy baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. when is the next chapter coming?

    ReplyDelete