Friday, August 9, 2013

Mine- Thirty Eight

"Emily, things are going to be fine. Chris and Jen are now far away from here. I'm going to take you from here, to where they will never find you. I want to start a new life together. I have a place where we can go. Go get changed, then meet me back in the bedroom," he says as he strokes my cheek.
I head into the bathroom to get changed as my mind stays scrambled with everything that has happened today. I still can't get the images of Chris out of my head and the fact that I almost lost him. Dimitri seems willing to stay by my side even though he knows deep down, I still have feelings for Chris. I know this hurts him deeply, but neither of us can change the past. I strip off my clothes, then pull on a pair of jeans and a shirt.
I head back into the bedroom, where Dimitri is waiting for me. He knows I have a heavy heart, I bet he can read it in my expression. Dimitri walks over to me, placing his hands in my hair. "Emily things will be alright, I will take you far away from here so you can live a happy life. He wraps his arms around me, staring into my eyes. At this moment, it feels as if we are in our own world. His eyes melt my heart, easing the pain that hides deep in my soul.
The sound of the door snaps my attention away from Dimitri. We turn to see..............
Two Nightwalkers walk into the room. I recognize them both immediately. I still remember her red eyes from the nightmares after my family was killed. She was the one that ordered my sister to kill Dimitri in front of me. The man grins as me with a smile that makes my skin crawl. I still can remember his breath on my neck when he attacked me in the bathroom. He would have killed me if Dimitri hadn't shown up when he did.
"I told you to leave her alone. She's not yours, she's mine," Dimitri hisses at Ella. "Oh Dimitri, have you not learned anything in your short time here with us. I get my way, no matter what. I'm the queen of the Nightwalkers. If I want her, I will get her, and there will be nothing that you can do about it," she says with a cold tone in her voice.
Looking over at the man beside her, she motions for him to seize Dimitri. The man hesitates for a second then heads in Dimitri's direction. I stand there frozen as I watch them collide. They are attacking each other with vicious blows.
Dimitri strikes the man causing him to grunt.
I look over at the women who watch them with amusement. She doesn't seem concerned with the whole ordeal unfolding in the room.
Dimitri gets the upper hand on the man when he grabs him by the head and jerks it to the side as if he was about ready to bite him. 
"Luke," the woman calls out. Within a split second, Luke comes in and takes in what's going on. "Give Marcus a hand, clearly he's not capable of handling Dimitri all by himself," she says.
Luke strikes out at Dimitri as Marcus tries to get out of Dimitri's grasp. I stumble backward, falling hard to the floor.
It's sickening!  Luke puts Dimitri in a headlock while Marcus tries to choke Dimitri. "You will not win, Ella. I promise you that. You better not lay one hand on her," Dimitri says. "Like there is anything you can do about it," she hisses.
Dimitri doesn't seem phased at all by Marcus, who is trying to rip his head off. He looks pissed as he tries to slip from their grasp. "Ella, I'm warning you," Dimitri calls out. Ella ignores him as she passes him and the others. I'm stricken with fear as I watch her coming my way.
"Well, look what we have here. The famous little princess that everyone seems to want. Well, you will be mine now," Ella says with a cold, harsh voice. I scoot backward as she steps closer to me. When I hit the wall, I know I have nowhere to run. She takes another step and grabs me up from the floor.
I twist out of her arms, dashing across the room. In a sudden move that makes me gasp, Ella has me by my waist, pulling me to the door. "Dimitri!" I scream as I fight against her hold on me. She's too strong, I know I don't have a chance. Dimitri's eyes darken with anger as he sees Ella pulling me out of the room. Dimitri starts to break free but fails when they grab hold with even more force taking him down to the ground.
The woman holds me by the back of my neck in place till Luke comes into the hall. "Take her to the room that I keep my playthings in," she tells him as she lets go of me, pushing me to Luke. I stumble to the ground then try to dart past Luke, who grabs me by my arm. I twist to run away from him, but it only brings me to my knees.
He pulls me up off the ground, "don't fight, Emily," Luke says to me. "Luke! Please let me go," I beg. "I can't do that, I have orders that I have to obey," he says.
He opens the door to a room and pushes me in. My foot catches on the rug causing me to go flying forward. I stumble and hit the floor hard. I fall with most of my weight on my shoulder. 
Grabbing my shoulder as the pain shoots through me, I start to cry. I can't help but cry with everything that keeps happening to me. I curl up and succumb to the gut-wrenching sobs that wrack my body.
I let my emotions get the better of me. Dimitri's angry face and his words flash as the look on Ella's face haunt me. I can only imagine what plans lie ahead. Torture, even death seems to be the fate that I have avoided all this time, has finally caught up with me.

After some time of crying and sulking in my self-pity, I sit up and scoot up against the wall. I shut my eyes and just listen to the sounds that are all around me. It's quiet, all too quiet. The only sound I hear is the fireplace crackle.
I can't help but wonder what has made me so special to Ella. Maybe she wants me for my blood, a delicacy among the Nightwalkers. Will she turn me like Hanna, make me a personal slave, or worse kill me? A shudder runs down my spine as my thoughts go wild.







7 comments: