Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Introduction to Fairytales

Fairytales is a new series that I have started on after working on my epic journey with the Medieval Series. I love writing and creating works of art so I am now ready to take you on another ride through twists and turns as you see Emily's life through her eyes. 
My name is Emily, I come from a line of royalty, I'm the next in line to inherit the throne. My family has ruled for more than one hundred years, dating back to the medieval era. I have a twin sister named Hanna, that I have enjoyed growing up with. My life has been pretty simple up until now. When I turned seventeen, my life got turned upside down. I was now on the run with one of my guardians, that was one of my best friends. We were being hunted by someone that was out to kill us and Chris was trying to keep me safe. I can only start from the beginning for anyone to understand the predicament that we now faced. This is where my story begins. A few years ago when my family lived at the royal court together, we were known as Lightlings, a race that was kept a secret from the human world. We were like humans until a wizard had changed one of my ancestors. My parents that ruled our kingdom was hidden far from the human world. All I ever wanted was to live a simple life, not be the next ruler of the kingdom. At the palace, we had guardians that watched over the royal family, so I thought. The nightmare that ripped my world apart began with them, they call them Night Walkers.
Chris carried me as I screamed and cried. Tears ran down my face and I was covered in blood, not my blood, the blood of innocent people that I knew for sure was dead.
Hearing footsteps closing in, Chris put me down and starts dragging me by the hand. He was fast and keeping up was almost impossible. We had to get away or they would kill us.
We ran for the woods, hoping to lose them, we could only pray that we could outrun them.

No comments:

Post a Comment