Saturday, July 4, 2020

Not So Ordinary-Chapter Two

Not So Ordinary
Chapter Two
Mark and I were coming home from school one day, with Chris following in the distance. "So, how were your classes today," I asked Mark. "Boring, as usual, it's way to easy," he replied.
As we headed into the house, I was laughing from one of the many jokes that Mark would tell me. He had this gift for making others laugh and have a good time when they were with him. I think that is what drew my attention to him when we first met. We were like best friends, a relationship that was fun to have. 
We were sitting in the living room just about ready to watch a movie. Dimitri and Chris were in the other room to give me and Mark privacy. It was a movie that I had been waiting to see for a long time. I must have been wrapped up in the movie that I didn't notice that Mark was contemplating something.
He put his arm around my shoulders, then pulled me against his chest. He began to kiss me hard while his hand ran up my chest. I couldn't breathe, and the whole situation was making me nervous. 
I quickly shoved him away from me, putting distance between us. He looked at me with shock on his face as he leaned back, crossing his arms. "Why won't you go any further with me?' he asked. "I'm just not ready for that kind of relationship right now," I told him.
He was mad, and I knew it when he didn't say anything as he got up off the couch and started to walk away. "Mark! Please don't be mad at me," I called out to him. My please went on answered as I watched him walk out the door. 
I sat there, mortified at what had just happened between Mark and me. I wasn't sure if he had just broken up with me or if he was mad. Tears started to wheal up in my eyes when Dimitri walked in. I hid my tears the best I could and managed to get my emotions under control. 
"Thought you might want some company," Dimitri said as he took a seat on the end of the couch. "That would be nice," I replied in a soft tone. We sat there, not saying a word to each other. I tried to watch the movie that I was so wanting to see, but had lost interest in it when Mark pulled his stunt. "I can see that you're not into this, take a walk with me," Dimitri says as he gets up heading toward the door. 
He leads me outside to the back of the house. "This should do it," he said as he pulled his wand out of his back pocket. I wasn't sure what he up to, but the sight of him using his wand was mesmerizing. Not many people got to see the guardians use their wands. "What are you doing?" I asked as I watched him smirk at me. He pointed it at me, my eyes wide in anticipation of what he was about to do. He flicked his wand as he said something that I couldn't make out. A small ball of light hit me, then all I felt was a warm feeling spread over me. I felt happy, and just like, I was having the best time of my life. "What did you do?" I asked as I stood up. "Well, you looked really upset, so I put cast a spell to make you happy," he said with a grin.
He sat down, motioning for me to sit down beside him. "I know it's none of my business, and if you don't want to tell me, then I understand. So, what happened between you and Mark today?" he asked. Out of all the time I have known Dimitri, He has never tried to get on a personal level with me. Dimitri keeps to himself and stays at a distance. There were times that Chris, Dimitri, and I have been on a friendly basis, but not on a personal level like today. Now he was not only interested in what was wrong with me but was taking the time to ask me about it. "We just had a fight. I didn't agree with some of his ideas," I reply.
I couldn't believe I was telling Dimitri about my Mark. I kept it simple, leaving out what had really happened between Mark and me. I knew if I told Dimitri what had really happened, he would beat down Mark the next time he saw him. So I left out the details of our fight. Changing the subject, "So how good are you with magic," I asked. "I have been doing it since I was a young child," he replied. "So did you grow up as a happy child," I asked, knowing I was maybe asking more than I should."Yes, it was fun, and I was getting to do things that others could only dream of doing," he said as he smiled as he thought of some past memory. 
Dimitri leaned back, barely brushing my hand as he tried to get comfortable. His fingers sent a strange sensation that made me freeze. What the heck is going on with me? This has never happened to me before. I have known Dimitri for a few years, and I have never had this reaction to him. I slow my breathing down and try to act calm. 
We chatted for a few hours about silly things and about his past. Before we knew it, it was getting dark out, and we could see the stars that lit up the sky. "Shooting star," I yell out as I point to the sky. All of a sudden, I was aware of how close we were. I don't think he even noticed how close we were, but oh, I did! I could smell his cologne mixed with his natural smell. I was breathing it in like oxygen. Then I noticed that I could feel the heat of his body from where we were touching. My heart began to race as a strange feeling washed over me. Then a thought came to me, why was I feeling this way toward Dimitri and couldn't with Mark? Oh my, I think I might have a crush on my guardian. This wasn't good, it was forbidden, and I was in a relationship with Mark. "It's getting late," I said as I stood up. "We better get inside," he replied as he got up from the ground. We headed for the house, with a lot of space between us. 
As we rounded the corner, my sister, Hannah, and her boyfriend Luke were saying there goodbyes. I stopped, and Dimitri almost ran right into me. "Wait," I whispered.
Yep there it was, Luke pulled her into his arms and kissed her so passionately I almost felt guilty watching. I had never been kissed like that, and wow, did it look amazing. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Let's go this way and give them some privacy," Dimitri's soft voice whispered to me. So we headed around the other side, going in the back. Once we got inside, Dimitri headed up to his room, leaving me alone downstairs. 
When my sister came in, she was glowing with happiness. "So, how did your date go with Luke?" I asked. "It was great, as always. I think he might propose to me soon, I just have this feeling," she tells me with excitement. "What, are you serious?" I ask with shock written all over my face."I think so, I know he loves me, and I love him the same way. He's been throwing some hints around by asking about our future and what we plan on doing," she tells me. I was shocked and stunned, here she was in love and ready to get hitched, and I had never been in love before, even the first time. I always wanted to have that romance that people talk about, but it just hadn't happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment