Monday, July 6, 2020

Mixed Feelings-Chapter Three

Mixed Feelings
Chapter Three
I was walking through the dining room when I almost run right into Mark that was coming through the door. I was startled at first, but he walks right up to me as if nothing had happened the other night when he walked out on me after I had rejected his advances.  
"I'm sorry for walking out on you the other night. I was just frustrated, that's all. I don't want to push you into things you don't want to do," Mark explains. 
"Can you forgive me?" he asks me with a pitiful look on his face. I couldn't say no with a face like that. 

I'm not mad at you, I just don't want to rush into anything so fast," I tell him. "Of course, we don't need to rush anything, let's just take it step by step," he replies.
Then he leans over and kisses me. Before I have time to register what's going on, he pulls away. It was not what I had expected at all. It took me off guard, and it felt a little awkward, but I guess that's what a first kiss is supposed to be like.
Later on that evening me and Mark are outside shooting some hoops. It is nice to have some fun and not worry about anything. It felt like old times when we were just friends and not trying to make it all complicated.
I was winning in points when Dimitri shows up. "Its dark, you know how your mother doesn't want you out after it's dark," Dimitri announces. "Yeah, it's late, I better be getting home too," Mark says with a smile. Mark walks over to me, giving Dimitri a look before he leans over, giving me a quick peck on the cheek. "See you around," he says as he walks toward his car. I glance over at Dimitri, who doesn't look happy. The sound of Mark's car starting up grabs my attention back to him as he pulls out of my driveway. I watch Mark leave, then turn toward Dimitri, who is still standing there watching me with a very serious look. "What was the rush?" I ask. "It's late, neither of you needs to be out this late," he replies before he turns and starts walking toward the house. 
I go inside and get ready for bed. I must have drifted off to sleep pretty fast. I wake up to strange noises coming from outside. I look at my clock and realize that it's in the middle of the night. 
I slip off the bed and head to the window. I move the curtains to peek outside to see if I could see anything. 
It's dark, and all I can see is two people fighting out by the garage. I squint, pressing closer to the window when they come into view. 
It's Dimitri and Chris sparing with each other. I continue to watch them exchange blows with each other. They are both good, only getting a few hits on each other. I continue to watch as they fight each other.
I found myself drawn to them, I had no idea that both of my guards were this talented and this hot. I had never paid attention before, I was always paying attention to Mark. As I watch them fight, I never realized how well they were trained in fighting. I had never watched them spar like this before. As I keep watching, I start to feel guilty about spying on them and having thoughts about my guards, knowing I had a boyfriend that was so into me.  
Then something unexpected happens, their movements speed up, and they were matching each other. Their movements became blurred as they exchange blow after blow. They move with such fierceness that a faint light radiates from their movements. I blink several times to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I look again and I'm shocked at what I'm seeing. When they finish fighting, I watch them walk out of sight, shoving each other as they make remarks to each other. They seem to get along pretty well when they are not in public. I go back to bed, letting my mind playback their fight. Before I know it, I drift back off to sleep. 
The next day, I go outside to play some ball with Dimitri. When I arrive, there he is in a black sleeveless tank top that shows off his lean muscles. He is breathtaking, how did I not notice him before? He tosses the ball and lets it bounce off the rim, making it shoot right back at him. He shifts as the ball flies past him, barely missing him. 
I start to giggle, that's when Dimitri looks over at me with a weird look. "What is it?" he asks as he stands there waiting for my reply. "I thought you would be better with your kind of skills," I say as I giggled again. "Hey, I might be good at fighting, but I'm not perfect," he replies.
It was the weekend, and my parents were going to be away on business. I was instructed to stay with my two guards today. They chose to spend their time working out, so I had to hang out with them in the gym. I had nothing better to do anyway, Mark was not coming over today, and I didn't want to hang out at the mall when my guards had to keep in shape. Chris burns up the treadmill, and Dimitri lifts weights while I try doing some stretches. 
As I'm stretching, I look over at Dimitri. I watch him work out on the bench, wondering how I never noticed how hot he was. He was lifting weights, not even paying Chris or me any mind. I continue to watch him when I notice a tattoo on his upper arm. It was only visible when he was in his work out clothes. It was always covered up when he was working. It looked like a beast with wings, probably had something to do with his job as a guardian. They took their jobs seriously, that is what made them good at what they do. I finally make myself look away and go back to doing what I started to do in the first place. I had to quit staring at him.  
That didn't last long, my eyes wander again when he moves to kick at a wooden dummy. He is graceful and precise with each kick. I bet at this point I was staring with my mouth hanging to the floor. Get it together, I shout in my head. 
Dimitri finishes up with his workout, leaving Chris and me in the gym while he got changed. Dimitri comes back into the gym wearing his regular clothes. Sandy comes in and walks right over to Dimitri. Me and Chris watch them chat for a few minutes. I look over at Chris and see him staring at Sandy. I know that look from anywhere; he has a crush on Sandy. As they continued to talk, I found myself a little jealous of the way she and Dimitri can talk with such ease. Dimitri usually keeps himself at a distance with me, other than for the first time the other day when he was trying to cheer me up. If I was a betting girl, I would have thought she had a crush on him. I look over at Chris, and he looks crushed.  I couldn't blame him, I was getting a little jealous myself. Then I realize with a strange clarity, I have a crush on Dimitri. How did this happen, I think to myself. He is older than me, and it is forbidden to date a guardian. He's not a royal, but man, I would break the rules for him any day.
"Stay here with Chris, me and Sandy have some work to do," he tells me. "Ok," I reply to him as I watch him leave, leaving Chris and me to relax while they did whatever they had to do. I sit down on the bench as Chris settles down on the floor. I couldn't help but be nosy, "I see how you look at Sandy, you like her, don't you?" I ask. He looks at me like I just figured out his big secret. "Yes, I have liked Sandy for a long time. I just can never get up the nerve to ask her out, plus I think she likes Dimitri. I see how she looks at him.," he replies. "I don't see it, I think you are just paranoid," I tell him. "Have you seen the guy, he's a walking hunk!!!" he says with amusement. 
"You are not giving yourself enough credit. I think you have a chance, just as much as Dimitri. You should just ask her. Then you would know for sure instead of wondering what if all the time," I say to Chris, who raises an eyebrow to me. 
"Yeah, what about you, little miss? I have seen how you have been staring at Dimitri all day. I can't blame you, most girls do that around him," Chris huffs. "Well that's different, I can't be with Dimitri for so many reasons. For one, he's older than me, my guardian, and he's not royal. It's forbidden for us to be together," I reply. "I guess we both know how each other feels then," Chris says. Dimitri pokes his head in the doorway, "get dressed, it's spar time."
I walk outside to join Dimitri and Sandy while Chris goes to get changed. Sandy and Dimitri are already dressed in their training clothes. Chris joins us only moments later, wearing the same training outfit as Sandy. Dimitri wore a completely different outfit than Sandy and Chris. It was the same outfits that Chris and Dimitri had on the other night that I watched them fight each other. I jump up and take a seat on the picnic table to watch them do what they do best. First up are Chris and Sandy, as Dimitri stands by to observe them. 
Sandy is deadly, she can jump at incredible heights and can dodge kicks and punches with graceful movements. She is really good at it. She is beautiful, I found myself wanting to be a lot like her. 
Chris tries really hard to get a blow in on her, but she is to fast.
Then its Dimitri and Sandy's turn. She can block a lot of  Dimitri's blows, but she isn't as good as him. They didn't have the experience that he had, he grew up training to be a guardian and even had a fight with a Night Walker. That's is how and why he is so good and why he was selected to teach others how to protect themselves and the ones they were protecting. He had faced them before and knew what they were like. They said he almost didn't survive, his skills, and training that he had allowed him to escape before they had a chance to kill him.  
Sandy is taking a few blows from Dimitri, so he slows down to show her a few different moves. 
Doing a few more rounds, Dimitri calls it quits. I watch Dimitri walk back into the gym, and Chris walks over to Sandy, that is picking up a towel from a nearby chair. I can hear them talking, as Chris crushes on her. She seems interested in Chris, I can see it by the way she looks at him. I'm a little surprised, all this time, I thought she had a crush on Dimitri. 
The next day after school, me and my best friend are walking up to my house with Chris and Mark. I look over at Mark that is paying no attention to me while he talks to Chris. Out of nowhere, she starts grilling me, "Ok, tell me!" she demands. "There's nothing to tell," I reply. She looks at me with the look of I know you are full of crap. I just didn't want to tell anyone about my crush on Dimitri. I know I can trust her, but I wasn't sure about the feelings I was having for Dimitri were, and what I truly felt about Mark. 
"Ok, I get it, you and Mark!" she starts just as I cut her off. "No, not that," I reply.
Then she did it, she used her magic. I had no time to react when I was hit right in the face with a cloud of mist. I was putty in her hands as I look over at Mark and Chris, who were laughing at us. "You," is all I got out as the spell began to work. "I see you guys later," Mark calls out as he walks over to his car. 
She watches Mark leave, then she turns back to me. "Tell me what's got you so distracted?" she asks. "That's not fair, your cheating," I say as I giggle. "Come on, tell me," she says as she gives me a pouty face.
I struggle to keep the words from coming out, but the truth spell left me no choice. "I've got a crush on Dimitri," I reply. She starts to giggle. "I knew it, I knew you were acting strange. I can't blame you, he's very handsome. The best part of it, you get to see him all the time. What about Mark?" she asks. "I don't know, I'm not sure what I should do," I reply.  























No comments:

Post a Comment