Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kathrine's Captured - Chapter Twenty Four

The royal doctor comes to Kristen to tell her news of her best friend Lara. 

"She is fully recovered now, but a little weak. She should to be fine in another week or so." she tells Kristen. 
"Thank you doctor!" Kristen replies.

Lara manages to get out of bed after weeks of recovery. The doctor releases her to return to court but tells her to take it easy.

Lara meets Kristen in the throne room. 

"I'm so glad that you are much better. I was so worried that you wouldn't make it. I'm sorry my son did this to you." Kristen tells Lara. 
"I'm glad to be back. I heard the bad news about James. Is there any new word of him?" Lara asks hesitantly.
"I haven't heard anything yet, but I have someone reliable looking for him as we speak." Kristen replies.

Kathrine has locked James in the house and goes out for some supplies. She's unaware that she's being watched and followed.

William has gathered his closest friends and knights to prepare for battle to get his son back and to catch the person responsible for it.

The queen's new executioner comes back and reports that he has spotted the lady that fits the description given by the queen. 

"She walks along this path to go to the market for supplies." he informs them.
"We will meet her there and soon I will be back with my son." William declared. 

The group gathers their swords and shields to prepare for the fight.

"Remember we can't kill her. We must take her alive to find James."

"She heads to the village for supplies every few days. If we planned this right, she will be heading out today. We will prepare to intercept her."

As they hid in the shadows and waited, Kathrine headed down the path like she always did. William and the rest jumped out to take her by surprise.

William prepared himself to confront her. He wasn't sure if she would attack him with some sort of spell or if she would try to attack with a weapon instead.

Kathrine turned around to confront William. She pretended to be shocked and act as if she didn't understand why she was being attacked. 

"Sir what have I done!? I'm just an old lady heading to the village to get some supplies." Kathrine says to William. 
"I know exactly who you are, don't play dumb with me! I know you are the witch that kidnapped Kristen when she was young and put that curse on her. I know you have my son!" William yells at her.

"How dare you accuse me of these crimes! I have done no such thing!" Kathrine exclaims. 
"Well we will see about that. Kristen will decide your fate." William tells her.

"I'm not going anywhere with you! You are not arresting me!" Kathrine yelled back at him as she pointed her finger at herself. William became mad and raised his sword at her. 

"You are going with me even if we have to drag you. I know you have my son and you are going to tell me where he is!" William demanded of her.

Seeing that she was outnumbered and had no choice, she went back with the group and was locked in the dungeon. Several guards were placed outside her cell to make sure she didn't escape. The executioner even stood on the other side of the cell as well to watch over her. 
William then went to find Kristen and tell her that they had Kathrine down in the dungeon.

Kristen headed down to the dungeon, almost running to see her captor, to begin questioning her about the whereabouts of her son. 

"So you become queen after all. I knew you could never do anything right. You couldn't even kill me." Kathrine says as she looks over to see Kristen walking towards her. 
"Where is my son?" Kristen asks her, trying to remain calm.
"I will never tell you. He will die before you find him." Kathrine replies and begins to laugh.

"I bet you will talk after my executioner gets done with you. You will be put through the most painful torture that you could ever imagine." Kathrine warns her, as she continues to approach even closer.

"Release her, so I can stand face to face with her."
They stood guard in case Kristen needed them, and hesitantly released Kathrine. 

"So you think you are a big girl now, Kristen. What are you going to do?" Kathrine says, as she tries to intimidate her.

"I'm not scared of you anymore witch. I will kill you with my bare hands! You are going to tell me where my son is." Kristen demands.

"I don't think you can. I'm not telling you anything. That little brat will die with no one to help him. I should have done the same to you!" Kathrine yelled at her and smiles wickedly.

Kristen reached her breaking point, and she leaped at Kathrine to attack her. She made sure not to bite her. She was determined to show Kathrine that she underestimated her.

After the fight ended, and Kathrine was defeated by Kristen, the guards put Kathrine into a cell. 

"If you don't tell us soon where you have James, we will start torturing you until you do." William told her.

The day started to come to a close and it started to get dark. James was all alone locked in a small house with no way to escape. 

1 comment:

  1. omg i hope little james is ok!!!!! and kathrine gets what she deserves!!!

    ReplyDelete